Hands-On Therapeutic Game Workshop for Therapists & Educators
Time & Location
About The Event
Sign in, set up computers, form groups
- Learn design principles to make client experience fun and therapeutic
- Explore materials for therapeutic game interfaces
- Brainstorm with your group interventions from a typical scenario
- Learn to troubleshoot your interfaces
- Create and iterate various interfaces with your group
- Game demonstration
- More information about lunch will be sent as the event nears.
- Participants learn to create client interfaces from 4 levels.
- Learning Objectives:
- 1. Participants will be able to identify and evaluate a client interface and game at 4 levels of design consideration.
- 2. Participants will be to troubleshoot their created interfaces for a functional design.
- 3. Participants will be able to apply their design and game choice to a client’s goal.
Jennifer Schank, is a coauthor of the article “Making it Work: Examples of OT Within the Maker Movement” in OT Practice’s September issue and a recent graduate of EMU’s OT program. She blends her previous career working in the technology sector and love for occupational therapy by leading therapeutic technology workshops to occupational therapy students and the community.
- Workshop Discounted Pricing$50$500$0